1.26.2009

Photographing Your Childhood Home

It's been decided that it was time to sell our family home. The house that I was born and raised in. I'm actually the first person to encourage the move. However, looking through the camera lens made me look at it a little differently. It was the first time that I realized that it might not be there for us. I'm a little sad. However, we are excited to be moving on.












It's a wonderful warm house. However, the best part of the house really is the neighborhood. Most of the families have lived there since the neighborhood was built. The rest have been there for at least 10 years. One neighbor even lived next door to my father when he was a child. It's one of those neighborhoods that gets together for BBQs, birthdays, and even for a chat. We consider them our family. That is the hardest thing to leave behind!

So why would we want to leave? It's time for us all to move on. However, a fancy retirement community awaits my parents. I'm very excited for the future and I'm excited to see who buys our little house and makes it theirs.

No comments: